Art for a Good Cause....it's such a good idea!

June is just over and can I say phew?! We managed to find a lovely new one story home in Austin just 3 miles from our current peeps. We wrapped up the entire process of buying, down sizing and moving while summer sizzled. Grandsons, neighbors and Square Cow Movers were all great help...and I can't say enough about our Realtor, Elicia Michaud. She is now focusing on selling our 1 1/2 story ( we really don't want 2 homes) ...let me know if you are looking.

And, of course, I had agreed to paint a whiskey keg during all of this. Garrison Brothers Distillery had the awesome idea to use their barrels as a fundraiser to benefit the west Texas fire victims from earlier this year. I got mine at Art Direct and here is a little of the process...

I envisioned our stunning prickly pear cactus in bloom so used photos from our yard to scatter on all sides of the barrel.

At a certain point I knew a soft blue background would be an excellent border

The barrel was heavy & a little awkward to view from my angle but it smelled so good!
Small details here and there such as a gold metallic paint gave each view a personality

And here is the happy finished barrel. The big event was held at Garrison Brothers Distillery in Hye, Texas on Saturday, June 22nd. I hope someone will enjoy owning this pretty unique item AND that it went for some good $$$$$!


Get involved and donate your artwork to a good cause. It feels wonderful!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catch a Wave in watercolor?...it isn't easy!

Artsy Shark Featured Artist....Carol Sue Witt!

Want to try a new watercolor product? How about Brusho...!